Henry's Site Forum Index Henry's Site
A quiet contemplative island amid a sea of noise

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LR/IOC Master B Team (Kick-off Message)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chipk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: LR/IOC Master B Team (Kick-off Message) Reply with quote

Hi,

Reposting from E-Mail.

==================
Hello Team (again)...

Looks like I lost my original message so I'll shoot a mulligan.

First, thanks for all of your responses, it looks like we do have a lot of interest in coordinating our racing and training activities for the Master B category. Also, a belated congratulations to Mark Gammon and Kip Burden for finishing 1st and 2nd in last Sunday's Slammer race. What a great way to kick off the season! We definitely have some talent in our ranks.

Before diving in, I'd like to suggest that we tackle the technology challenges associated with group communication on the net. We have at our access, an unmoderated forum for posting messages, hosted on our club's home page http://www.lostrivercycling.org/ Access to the forum is gained via a tab in the 3rd column, 2nd row. Using the forum eliminates the need to manage a distribution list, provides an archive of our messages for future reference by new team members, and can be viewed by anyone which may result in a larger membership and more participation. I'll post this message on the forum to kick start the channel. Please reply back via the forum if you think that will work. If you have concerns about using the forum, go ahead and reply back via Email to me. (Thanks)

What do we hope to accomplish by coordinating as a team? I hope you respond back and help set some expectations. I'm looking to train with some teammates that share some common objectives and work together on achieving some goals. In the past, the most enjoyable aspect of bicycle racing, in my experience, has been the time spent training with a bunch of guys preparing for events. I can't recall nearly as much about specific races as I can about the numerous training rides that made up the "journey" to the destination. So coordinating training rides, scheming about race tactics, and working together are aspects of forming a team that I find exciting.

I'd also like to learn about local races from those who have ridden them in the past. Course information, local wisdom, logistics and other information that can help make the day more enjoyable.

Given the interest in responses, we have the numbers to make the orange jersey a significant presence in the Master B pack. This provides lots of opportunity for influencing pack behavior (paceline formation), tempo setting, attacks, and setting up the sprint finish although Mark and Kip have demonstraated they don't need a lot of help to take down the sprint!

Please communicate your expectations as well.

There is a crit on Tjhrsday night in Nampa, http://georgescycles.com/page.cfm?PageID=142 Anyone riding? My crit skills are too rusty to debut at this time so I'm going to pass on the crits for the time being.

How about Sunday's ride in Hillsdale http://georgescycles.com/merchant/925/files/2006%20Spring%20Series.pdf ? Any interest in previewing the course on Saturday with a light training ride? I'm not certain what the course is.

Finally, Kurt Holzer has volunteered to be our liason back to the LR/IOC Club. I'm a very new member and have not established a network within the Club so if you have questions he's a great resource. He'll also help steer members interested in racing Master B to us. Thanks Kurt.

Look for this post on the forum, I'm anxious to hear from you.

Thanks,
Chip
toddgatesh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: CHECKING IN Reply with quote

First time post, just checking it out. Todd Gatesh here.
Have been sick on and off the past 10 days. Hope to be well this weekend but I'll probably race Hillsdale Masters B either way.
chipk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Saturday Prep Ride For Hillsdale Reply with quote

Hi,

How about meeting at Reed's bike shop in Eagle at 11:00 on Saturday, March 11th, for a ride over to the Hillsdale circuit. I'm looking for an easy 2 hour pre-race effort which I think will work with a departure from Reed's. We can adjust according to other folks needs and desires, of course.

I tthink some other LR/IOC members (Cory and Nick) leave on a regular basis from Reed's on Saturday morning so we may get a small group of participants.

Thoughts?
Chip
Bicyclist68

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Master B cat Reply with quote

I am looking forward to racing this year before the Slammer (which was a wakeup call for me) I had not raced for 8 or 9 years. I am looking forward to racing with you guys!!
laddwa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Saturday Ride (3/18/06) Reply with quote

Hi all,

I separated a shoulder two weeks ago, but the doc told me today that I can start getting back to normal. A less-than-intensity ride sounds great. Is this a go? I'll plan to be at Reed's at 11:00.

thanks,
ladd
chipk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reed's at 11:00 Sat -- It's a go! Reply with quote

See you there, hoping for dry weather!
chipk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reed's at 11:00 Sat -- It's a go! Reply with quote

See you there, hoping for dry weather!
kburden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't make the 11:00 ride from Reeds. I will be at Hillsdale at 9:30 for a few laps.

Kip
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Henry's Site Forum Index -> Chatter All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: